The Bureau of Meteorology has officially declared a La Niña event is likely to impact Australia this summer, with it comes the likelihood of an increased risk of storms, cyclones and flooding for some parts of the country.
Here are some tips and information to help you be prepared this summer and how to contact us if you need to make a claim.
Check your cover
Speak to your insurer or broker about your cover:-
- Check that your insurance is up to date and is relevant to your current circumstances.
- Review your sums insured, check that the amounts you have nominated are adequate to cover your building and/or items for their full replacement value.
- Check that your premiums are paid.
Be ready to lodge a claim
Should you need to make a claim there a few things you can do to help to make this process easier and less stressful:
- Take time to prepare your premises to possibly reduce the impact of severe weather.
- Keep proof of ownership documents such photos, valuations and receipts for your belongings.
- For damaged items don’t dispose of them prior to discussing the loss with your broker or insurer.
- Take photos of the damaged items to submit with your claim.
How to lodge a claim
For our clients, if your property or motor vehicles have been damaged we are here to help you.
You can advise us of a claim using any of the following methods:
If you require temporary accommodation as a result of the damage to your property, simply let us know when you’re advising us of your claim.
Extreme Weather information
Allianz have also prepared some helpful tips for what to do before, during and after a severe weather event: